Alright, first things first: I am NOT in any way an expert in the kitchen. Although I do recognize that sometimes I can make decent food too, especially when I’m starving to death and left with no choice! 😂
Having said that, I’m quite a lazy cook so I prefer fast and yummy recipes—something I can prepare in maybe less than an hour. Thus, I personally find boiling, stir-frying, and baking most suitable for me and my needs.
I tried quinoa for the first time and tell you what… I’ve no regrets! I just took everything else I had in my fridge that time, popped them all in the oven, and voila—one super easy, quick, and healthy quinoa casserole. I hope you guys can try to make one too so here you go with my simple recipe!
Baked Quinoa Casserole with Thyme Chicken (Serves 2-3)
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- a handful of baby spinach
- a dash of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon for garnish
- 4-6 pcs chicken fillet
- salt & pepper
- Marinate the chicken fillet with salt, pepper, and thyme. Set aside.
- Pre-cook the quinoa until slightly soft. Cut the veggies while waiting.
- Put the medium cooked quinoa in a pan or casserole. Add broccoli, corn, and beans.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cheese. Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting, pan fry the marinated chicken until slightly golden.
- Once cooked, take out the pan from the oven, top with thyme chicken and baby spinach, and garnish it with some lemon slices. Enjoy!